There are all kinds of stair lifts available to fit different applications, from a straight half-flight to a seven-story spiral. While it's important to select the right unit for your situation, it's just as important to carefully select the company from which you buy that unit. Installing a stair lift might look simple to the untrained eye, but technicians who have been doing it for decades will tell you that it isn't. A typical stair lift and track system has dozens of connections and adjustments that must be done exactly right to ensure safety in the long-term. With Area Access, you can rest assured that our installers care about safety and know their business.
Bruno Stair lifts
Area Access installs and services both straight and curved-rail stair lift solutions created by Bruno, a top manufacturer in this field for many years. See the videos below for information on Bruno's popular straight and curved-rail Elite models.
Pinnacle Stair Lift
The Pinnacle stair lift is well known as an outstanding solution for straight-rail residential needs. The unit is visually attractive and more compact than most stair lifts, folding just 11 inches from the wall when not in use. Its track consumes a modest 7.5 inches of stair width throughout. Despite this small size, the Pinnacle has a large and comfortable seat which also swivels for safe entry and exit.
The Pinnacle is easy to operate, and can even be called remotely with its wireless control. Safety sensors keep the lift from moving if there is an obstruction on the stairs. The unit carries a 3-year warranty on component parts and a lifetime gear rack warranty. As an added bonus, its state-of-the-art drive system offers energy efficiency benefits as well.
- Installs on either side of staircase
- Mounts to the stairs - not the wall
- Travel up to 75 feet
- Anodized extruded aluminum track is factory cut to fit your stairs
- Constant-pressure controls stop the lift the instant you release the control
- Limit switches automatically shut unit off at the top and bottom of the stairs
- Safety switch prevents lift from running when seat is not in proper position
- 350 lbs. capacity
- Choice of four colors
- DC operated system capable of up to 40 trips in the event of a power outage
- Smooth starts and stops
- Made in America!
Handicare Stair Lifts
Handicare manufactures a selection of high quality stair lift solutions for both straight, curved, and complex installations. Area Access is pleased to be able to offer this fine import line for our customers.
Freelift Curved Rail by Handicare
- Joystick control on left or right arm.
- Safety belt fitted as standard.
- Key switch.
- Remote control.
- Manual or powered swivel seat.
- Space saving design.
- Folding arm and foot rests.
- Optional foot rest linkage.
The economical Minivator Simplicity saves on the initial outlay without compromising safety. The joystick, designed with input from occupational therapists, makes the stairlift easy to use, even for users with joint problems. The seat is finished in wipe-clean sand-colored upholstery.
Minivator Simplicity Features
- Inexpensive and safe.
- Hinged track or sliding track if required.
- Automatic footplate available as optional extra.
- Continuous charging.
- Maximum load 300 lbs. Sliding track model has a maximum load of 260 lbs.
Minivator 2000 Curved Rail
The Minivator 2000 is unique - no other stairlift on the market can be mounted so close to the wall. The Minivator 2000 stairlift has a twin tube track, available in two standard colors, plus unlimited custom colors by special order. The seat can be ordered in six different colors.
Minivator 2000 Features
- Tightest inside curve on the market.
- Can be fitted with automatic options.
- Supplied with a twin tube track.
- Two remote controls included.
- Maximum load 250 lbs.
- Maximum load of 300 lbs. optional.
Visit Our Showroom
Come visit our well-stocked showroom in Manssas or Norfolk, Virginia. We usually have at least five or six working demo stair lifts available at any time, and expert salespeople to fully address any questions or concerns you might have.
Used Units Available
As customers trade up, used stair lift units become available on a regular basis. We generally have several pre-owned models in stock. Naturally, selection varies, so call or drop by our showroom for more information.
Alpine RP350 Stair Lift
Manufactured by Harmar, the Alpine RP350 is available in three different versions: The Alpine, Alpine Express, and Alpine Signature. Runs on DC or AC power for maximum installation flexibility.
Alpine RP350 Features
- Quiet Drive System with Smooth Stop and Start
- Service-friendly 2-Piece chassis cover design
- Aesthetic track, finished floor mounts, and integrated charging bases
- Easy access to manual backup
- Folding seat bottom
- Fixed armrest
- Folding footrest